Friday, January 7, 2011

Blogging Business & Bites

The January Gift Market is just around the corner, literally next week and down the street from my office. I am super excited because I will be speaking on a panel about Blogging and Design next Saturday as one of the Market events! Ms. Peak of Chic, Mr. Decor Demon, Ms. High Gloss Blue, and myself will all be discussing our blogs, our businesses and how one helps the other, all facilitated by Mr. Blue Remembered Hills. While I am super nervous and a little terrified that I might swear, I invite you to come down, it's going to be super fun and there are cocktails after.

In addition/preparation for the first Market event of 2011, I did a guest post for the AmericasMart Blog, check it out here and get my top 10 tips for visiting the mart.

9 comments:

Wonderful Life! said...

I am attending the seminar. Looking forward to your advice, and the cocktails ;)

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Excited to meet you and I'm a little nervous, too. Last time I was on a panel with Barry, he was so funny that it really put everyone at ease (and I would tell you I am afraid of public speaking). With Barry and Brian-I know it will be fun.

If only I can find something to wear... (loved your top in AH&L spread)!

Niki P. said...

I am so nervous!!! I am not as good in person as I am in writing! See you saturday, I will sneak in my flask so we can take a shit to calm our nerves before we go on!

MFAMB said...

when??? i wanna come. can i come?

Niki P. said...

It's tomorrow at the mart. Don't come, I am extremely nervous. I am terrified that I might swear...or fall off my chair.

SHERRY HART said...

I was there and it was great!!! You all did fabulous! I tried to introduce myself but there were just too many people swarming around!! Like you...public speaking is not my thing and really takes me out of my comfort zone. By the way...I love your work :)

Niki P. said...

Thank you Sherry! I hope you enjoyed it! Once I relaxed a bit I think it went ok, wish we could have met!

Katie Belveal said...

Great job on Saturday! Thanks for coming to AmericasMart to give your insight on blogging and interior design. It was definitely a success and I look forward to round 2!

- Katie @ AmericasMart

Niki P. said...

Thank you again for having me Katie!